<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 14, 2005

Work was senseless today. My desk was moved to a new location in a high traffic, high volume, not near my subordinate, frigid section of the office. I was not asked my opinion of the move, nor was I asked to give feedback.

Naturally, when my phone didn't work, and our intranet tools were broken, thereby preventing me from doing any work at all (and slaughtering my metrics), I was not pleased. I constantly consider a few "sick days" to give me a break and make work a (moreso) living hell for everyone as they shoulder my work, but I like my backup and don't really want to force him into early retirement (suicide).

Did I mention the new seat is fucking cold? I sit between two air ducts...not air conditioning, but outside air. Also, there's a light directly above my desk which lights up my desk to the point of where I can read my badge in the glare of my screen...with a white background on the screen.

We were encouraged to start decorating our cubes and office for the politically correct Holiday Season. I would, since it takes my attention away from the horrors of the above, but my natural distrust of people (which this job has only fortified!) takes over and applies negative encouragement. I refuse to put effort and money into something that will be fun for the three seconds that it takes to get stolen by another employee.

Do I need to reference that the same bullshit happened to me in grade 3? Thus my apparent bitter outlook. I like to call it the Realistic Reality of Real Humans in Real Situations - Really.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?