<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Last night I was thrown into hell with a shotgun, 12 shells and no flashlight.

No, I wasn't at work, I was playing DOOM 3.

It was much better than I expected; good graphics, sound, excellent lighting, fast gameplay. The environments are very static (you can't interact with much such as blowing up stuff besides the typical explosive barrels), the baddies always use the same tactics, and there's no map or indication where you need to go. The levels are short (thank god) and autosave makes them even shorter. The guns are mundane, but the sheer amount of cheap scares are staggering.

It took me about 11 hours to beat it on easy difficulty; I have no urge to play through it again, but it was a good look into what to expect from FPS in the next couple years.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?