<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

That punk Pete posted some nice screens of the next game in the Total War series...might check that one out. The major feature of the previous ones, the lame ass morale, really turned me off since you'd often lose control of your units attacking as they freaked out for various reasons. Hopefully they've toned that down a bit.

CoH is still the awesome. It really doesn't do much, and just when I think I'm getting bored of it, a nice new story arc catches me, I get another character idea, or a big group gets going and we have too much fun.

I did burn out on it a couple weekends ago and bought Planetside as a diversion. It's still fun and has changed enough since I last played to be interesting. The typical player is still a Quake Zombie fuck-shit, but my system specs and ping allows me to school most people. My favorite secret tactic (you military buffs and 3E D&D players may have heard of this) is called "Flanking".

Yes. You'd be surprised how many people you can kill by driving up BESIDE them in a TANK, parking your 75mm cannon right up against the side of their helmet. The first shot is enough to bring them into the red, and the second will kill off infantry, but even powered armour will often stand stunned, wondering "No one is in front of me, so how can I be getting hurt!?". Then they notice their damage indicator telling them a tank is shooting at them from point blank. They slowly and feebly turn, take a shell in the chest and die.

I'm all about the backstab.

Which reminds me, Oct 2nd is the 30th anniversary of D&D. It makes me sad that I don't have a group to play with, yet am surrounded by so many people that can/want to play.

Stupid work/sleep.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?