<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hmm...they've made some changes to blog since I was last here...aeons ago.

Work is crazy. Had another lateral promotion, so now I'm the highest level of phone-tech. I'm now the one of the guys that gets to decide if we give a customer what they want. It's an interesting balance of policy and customer sat, but you can do pretty much anything as long as you have a good reason.

The only people that can override my decisions are Corporate, and only if they call me on our hotline phone (the Batphone).

They've also 'updated' our systems here...so my MSN is broken, the mail is dead/dying (since Tuesday), I can't access the 2 new programs I need for my new job, and they content blocked Penny-Arcade. Bitches.

I've been playing excessive amounts of City of Heroes. Haven't played Martial Martian for a bit, so he's still level 14. I made a Defender (equivalent of a Cleric) called Dr. Sarcophagus, and a Controller (AoE and Crowd Control) called Chance of Rain who is much less original than the other two, cosmetically.

I started playing Manhunt when all the guildies had gone to bed from CoH. It's entertaining in a stupid-console kinda way. The direction, immersion, and camera effects are stunning. As for the weapons...well, I don't want to ruin the surprises, but you can cut off body parts with some of them and then use those body parts as tools. The atmosphere doesn't have the intensity I was expecting (I was looking for an AvP kinda thing) - most of the villains are too cartoony and over the top to be scary and you can almost always escape situations.

Hunting humans is still my favorite sport, and there should be more of this type of game...with multiplayer...and RPG elements...and customization.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?