<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2004

100% True

The major difference between him and me: our Average Handle Time is 16 minutes (because our tools are constantly crashing) and I've been at my job a month longer.

Of my class of 28, 8 of us remain. 5 of us have previous experience with computers. Two of those that don't will be fired or forced to quit. The five of us are doing well, but would instantly quit if we were offered any other job for the same pay. None of us have had a legitimate day off since we started. One lady was penalized severly for leaving early to take her daughter to the hospital for xrays for her nearly broken knee. One guy was caught taking a long break to piss (he had to walk down to the other side of the building since they clean the stalls during office hours) and was grilled for 20 minutes. One of our mentors doesn't speak english. I had a quality with a score of 10% simply because the customer called in pissed off, for a 3rd party issue, was in his car, and hung up before I could give my closing. The agent that sits next to me was misrouted to our own department by the Call Director 5 times today, with the same customer in tow. We get penalized if our calls are too short. We have to log into a crashing, slow, useless java application on our 6 year old workstations and also log into our phones. Our workstations use Win2K. We don't troubleshoot Win2K, so we have to use java based emulators. We use google more than our in-house tools....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?