<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 27, 2003

The schedule hags at work wouldn't let me take boxing day off (it was dead the last few days at work, btw, we watched Bad Boys 2, that movie with the guy in the future, and Mystery Men today and played email trivia inbetween) so I missed out on pay for Thursday (my normal day off, and overtime) AND Boxing Day (also overtime) AND I get a late point because I called in sick. Net gain: - 4 hours of pay(I worked four extra hours on Tues and Mon to make up as much as I could). Oh, and just so we all know, they sent people HOME on Boxing Dead and yet maintain that I was forcing my team to work harder because I didn't show up.

Of course, today when I go and ask if I can work on Newyears day, they say I can't because it would be OVERTIME.

I can't help but feel like I had to pay the company I supposedly work for 240$ so that I could force my sister to drive 4 extra hours so that I could madly try and balance two days of visiting my long-distance girlfriend+cat, her parents, my two sets of parents, my MILLIONS of extended family (I'm not kidding). I think if maybe I shelled out an extra 120$ I might have been able to actually SEE some of my friends I've known for 10+ years.

So that's why y'all didn't see me this year.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?