<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 22, 2003

Okay, now I remember: If you have any interest in the storyline/background of World of Warcraft, I'd suggest playing through Warcraft 3, the Frozen Throne Expansion (which is much like Broodwar in that it is AWESOME) and then play the Founding of Durotar orc campaign. It is also very good (maybe a little easy) and there's no base building if that kind of thing scares you.

All three stories lead right up to the state of the world when WoW starts, and it's very interesting to see NPCs and locations from the games come to life in FPS detal in the WoW screenshots.

For WoW, I am thinking of playing either a Tauren Hunter or an Undead Rogue. The deciding factor will be if it is confirmed that Tauren get guns. If they do not, then I will continue with my long tradition of playing Rogues and probably being gimped (but hopefully they will be balanced in this RPG!).


Speaking of RPGs, the Email Campaign is coming along slow, but steady. Ian is all but finished; I just need to finish with some numbers and a bit of the surrounding terrain and then can start to organise the board for it. Caitlin and Shane just need to roll stats for their Regents and select some abilities and then I can start on their regions as well.
I won't have much time to work on it this week (overtime until the 24th, then in Kincardine, then more overtime), but after newyears (and assuming they don't let me take more overtime so I can afford my new PC) I'm going to go insane on it. Goal for the first turn will be late January, so if anyone else is still interested, at least let me know so I can make sure to leave some nice big tracks of land for you. We can always add in new empires after we start.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?