<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 24, 2003

Spirit Wars has gotten old. Not being able to see the twisted, wet-eyed faces of the defeated seems to have taken a lot of the fun out of a strategy game like this. Also not being able to collect 'cards' except in weekly tournies (and even then only as top prize) makes it a little repetative.

I have turned to XCOM for now. After hours of slaving getting my old version working on my PC, I gave up and accidently found a windows version. It works but crashes a LOT. So, I can play with no sound, or have it crash a LOT. Gru.

Its June 1999 game time and I almost have all the research necessary to end the game. Silly Snakemen are no match for me. I am amazed I have not seen Ethereals yet. I need them so I can extract their brain juices to teach my own soldiers how to crush minds. Then I will go to Mars and leave it a smoking crater. MMmmmmm

I also found a 2player mod for it that uses all the real game files but allows you to play a single tactical mission with opposing sides. I have yet to install it since I am so busy.

I have so much waiting for a phonecall to do. You may not hear from me for weeks.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?