<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 18, 2003

Definition: "Spiritual Sequel"
In this case a game of which someone wanted to make another XCOM game but the people with the XCOM licence (re: Infogrames) has decided to sit on since they shelved and excellent sequel years ago. Thus it is not XCOM, but its as close as possible without the law crushing them.

UFO: Aftermath is looking much better than the last time I checked in on it. Previously it looked way too much like Fallout for me (I know Fallout is good, I mostly didn't like the way it looked), but recently it has taken on a 'dirty xcom' feel. Delicious.

However, I am still hesitant since I've never heard of this company before, and still have vivid memories of just how much XCOM rocked. It will be hard for them to surpass that. But, these movies make me beleive that the game will be awesome (and have AWESOME music).

Man, I hope its awesome. Awesome.

55 days until its released.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?