<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Ah, yes. Sweet murderous victory. I slaughtered enough provinces in WBC2 to get the few remaining Warlords to band together to offer me things in exchange for peace. They originally offered pathetic heaps of Crowns (the Kingdom currency, like gold to you commoners) but I wanted to make them all suffer for my first few defeats at the hands of unruly AI. After each new conquest they would come back and offer me something a little more worthy, but still silly. What use does an undead necromancer have for a Royal Marriage (after I annhiliated another castle, that changed to 'a Royal Marriage of Your Choosing')? Well, okay, I can think of a few disgusting things, but I still declined. They eventually started offering the greatest warriors of the realms to me as servants. A Minotaur King was interesting, as was their final desperate barter of an Ancient Dragon (where did they get one, anyways?). But, I slew them all, making my rule of the world complete. It was delightfull. The victory CG was nice, considering what I was expecting.

I also played a bit of Tron 2.0 (the demo). I played some scenarios vs CPU opponents with Light Cycles. Now, as fun as it is, I can't understand how long its taken them to make this game, nor the sheer size of it. I can play this demo with full graphics and 8 players and it runs fine in the Cycle arenas. The game is so simplistic that I would expect to see it from a highschool student. The AI is pretty tough, not necesarrily out of intellegence so much as that it can make moves that are impossible for a human to do with a keyboard. I also notice that the keystroke speed is painfully slow - and in a game like this, that's STUPID.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?