<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 16, 2003

Went canoing this weekend with my family. It was a similar route that I took before, but this time I did a lot more paddling. The sun was pretty abusive and I managed to get burned on my wrists, elbows, left side of my face and nose and both my knees. I also got a nice sandal burn where only the tips of my toes are a nice bright red. The knees hurt the most since I seem to move those a lot.

I'm very stiff but not too sore. I'm not sure why...I paddled the damn thing all day (was about a 4.5 hour trip) trying to keep up with the other boats who frequently had 2 people paddling. Caitlin was in the same canoe, but was more ballast than propulsion. I'm fine with that. She saved her energy for other stuff. Hee.

There was a slew that was pretty much just a water jet in a break of an old bridge/dam. My stepsister and her husband went through first without getting a good look at it and they spilled, recovering the contents of their boat about 5 miles downstream. I went down with my uncle and we also spilled, much to the amusement of some nearby fishermen. What they hadn't told us was that we were the 8th boat to try it, and the 8th to fail. Ah well. I don't get to ride a rapids much and the water was surprisingly warm. Next year we shall defeat it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?