<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 22, 2003

This game looked quite good...4 years ago. They announced this game ages ago when those graphics were actually pretty good for the time. I don't know what happened to their development, but it's obviously taken them longer than they thought. It still has some pretty interesting ideas, although those ideas are now common in any MMORPG you see being released. A shame, really.

NWN:SoU finished downloading last night, my fastest edonkey download ever: 615 megs in under 40 hours. I will burn the CD tomorrow while Caitlin feeds her Harry Pot addiction. I find it interesting (sad?) that a simple story like that can enthrall so many different types of people...Coke in the paper fibres? I think so.

And in my pursuit for a game that is NOT NWN related (since that game is driving me insane with the weekly gaming group, scripting, and forums that I participate in), I have hunted down Warlords: Battlecry 2 in its full form and have begun downloading. As my various rants have previously indicated, it is a very unpopular game considering its immese superiority to big-name games that are being released even as I type with new tech, and as such WBC2 will be very hard to find full sources from which to download. Currently the download is at 1.01%. Using no math at all, I will assume it will be completed not one day short of 1 month from now. After that I will play the singleplayer campaign which is a delightful story-lite warlord rampage, Risk style. After that, anyone I know can be expected to hear from me, as I will be begging, pleading and blackmailing for people to play this awesome game with me. I tried playing with random people on Gamespy before and will never ever do that again.

I was somehow not suriprised to find that people will actually lurk in the lobby area for hours just to get someone to play with them so they can cheat to win without effort and call me gay for 20 minutes straight. If I wanted that, I would just go back and play a Blizzard game on Bnet or maybe a Half-life mod.

I hate people.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?