<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

"That position has been filled". I was begining to think that I was calling the same guy over and over for several different jobs, but the people that answered had slightly different accents each time.

Employer: "Do you have any experience in [job field]?"
Me: "Not directly, but I am a fast learner and very interested in [job field]"
Employer: "We would prefer someone with experience."
Me looks at job posting again and reads: "Experience not necessary, will train."

I guess that is code or something. But I'm wondering how I'm supposed to get 7 months to 2 years experience in a labour/sales/service position if no one wants to train anyone? Am I missing some rule of this employment game? Do I need to pretend to have experience to get hired? Am I saying the wrong stuff? Maybe I just havn't found an employer desperate enough like at my previous jobs.

I guess I'll link up my resume when I get the chance and maybe people will email me with what I could do to improve it...not that I'm sure half the people I give it to even read it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?