<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Aw, man, what a day of NWN. I was playing in the afternoon trying to see how much cash I could get to see if I could buy an item at the new Event store (You can buy some of the nicest items in the game from the DM posing as the G1 Shopkeeper, lowest item sells for 5 mil). I got up to 700K GP, but then got bored and went exploring.

I found the Isle of Dreams which really has no more story than "An insane Gnome lives here, watch out for his machines." So I found a few golem-esq type things, pummeled them easily and eventually found the entrance to a crypt.

I ventured, adventurously inside, examined the first monster I saw and promptly was killed in 2 hits. The second hit disarmed both my weapons (a vorpal shortsword which i found in the donation box only a couple days ago, and my original Shortsword of Essence...kinda says a lot about finding good weapons on your own up to level 13, eh?). So because I was dead-dead and hadnt thought to switch my chat mode to Shout, I had no choice but to respawn, losing 1690 exp and ~200K gold. Oh, and apparently if you respawn after being disarmed, your weapon disappear forever. AHAH.

So, I explained how cruel that was to the others on the server and one of them pitied me and tossed me a vorpal longsword. Its actually better than my shortsword was but my character was configured for shortswords so my attack bonus dropped by 6 points, and I got one less attack with it each round and also had less chance of critical.

I died about 3 more times before I quit for the afternoon, ending up at 0 gained exp for the level and about 150K gp...

Then I rejoined in the evening to see if some guildies were on. I made a couple cash runs then offered all my pitiful cash for whorthwhile weapons. I so despise begging, but there was no way I could continue to play unless I got some better stuff and it was pretty much impossible without starting a couple pharm characters to get the newbie stuff.

Cid Vicious took pity on me and gave me a sword he had on an alt...which is excessively nice. So I totally lucked out there and I am a usefull member of adventuring society again.

Then I went out hunting with the guildies and eventually we got chased out of Menzoduran by angry angry drow. I was just taking Lareth back to Neversummer when the server crashed. Since I had a tonne of standard NWN items kicking around in my inventory, I jumped back on to sell them all (and to check the donation box...it usually gets filled up good by high level people right after a crash ;) ).

The Big Guy (DM) was running a silly pseudo-event in the arena, pitting players against silly monsters. Ofcourse, when I join he decides to surprise us all with a big end-game boss. This thing was doing 130 damage to me (I have ~80hp), but it also had knockdown. So when it hit you and killed you in the same hit, you went flying away DEAD or just kinda stood there for a minute like you were totally stunned...and then crumpled to the floor. The animations were hilarious and the DM had an auto respawn thing turned on so you would eventually stand back up after you were dead-dead.

The sheer pummeling it gave to about 15 players, most high level, was hilarious. It took about 15 minutes to get him down to Near Death with MANY hilarious animations and much screaming, at which point the DM had us line up for a reward. He gave us this nifty stone which has a nifty armour spell on it which has a nifty graphical effect.

It makes me feel like Sting at the end of the Dune movie (before he gets stabbed and crushed to death).

(cue evil guitar riff)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?