<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 23, 2003

Dear Diary,

Last night I met a cute NPC in a Persistant NWN server. He was dreamy. I talked to him and he didn't give me any dialogue choices at all. Near the end of the conversation, he gave no warning what was about to happen. He then summoned in 5 clerics into the MIDDLE OF A LOWBIE TOWN which were all aprox level 10-15 monsters. Even the town guards got their asses kicked by these guys. My party was doing fairly well (because the clerics were all targetting our pets) until one of the 'clerics' cast Horrid-freaking-Wilting and gassed us all. By the way, dying meant we lost exp AND gold and since we were level ONE we lost half the exp we had gained so far and about 10 gold which is about an hours worth of play.

So I dragged some guards over to the clerics to fight them and got a bit of exp for helping to finish them off while they killed several guards. Then we went back for our grave stones (to pray for 50% return on the exp we lost). Ofcourse, some prick smashed the stone of one of my party members.

"Haha! That's so funny!" You might be saying. But let me clarify how easy it would be to add a script to prevent anyone lower than, say, level 10 from setting off that prickish trigger:

if (!GetHitDice(PCSpeaker) < 10)
RunYourPissyLittleTrigger;
else
LeaveMeTheFuckAlone;

Wow. I'm a scripting Mentat. No, wait, it took me 3 seconds to load the page that had that info on it. I guess the scripters for that module were too busy giggling with their 14 year old friends at how cool it was going to be for their clerics to be able to cast Horrid Wilting in the middle of town.

Well, I made a cool character on that server that I really would like to play again. Hopefully the rest of my party (Shane and a couple people from Deus Vincit) will want to try another server sometime. Hopefully one a little more scripted and a little less bitchy...

Afterall, it's going to be a long time yet before I get my modules finished and probably sometime after Never that I can convince Pete to make a Persistant version of Zheresia.

If, however you want it sooner than Never, here's his Blog
and if you can't find a way to contact him besides that, I'll stick up his email. Muhuahaha.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?